Who We Are:
Dardan Security is a people focused, privately owned specialist security company. We choose our employees carefully and value them. We know that our people are our greatest asset and as such we invest in their development.
Over the years Dardan has enjoyed strong organic growth by partnering with only quality clients who wish to join us on our journey; those that truly appreciate security as an investment provision, not just as a commodity requirement. As a result, our clients are diverse, many are household names across Aviation, Critical National Infrastructure, Oil and Gas, Education, Healthcare, Retail, Blue Chip and Corporate.
A career with us means joining the top 5% of all SIA security providers within the UK and a company listed as Infologue’s “One to Watch”.
We are looking for a Distribution Supervisor to exclusively serve one of our most valuable corporate clients and ensure an excellent customer journey. You will work in beautiful offices complete with a cocktail and coffee bar just a stone’s throw from the West End, the local bars and restaurants. Dardan provide an organised light touch security solution where discretion and customer service are key. You will manage the distribution and logistics of items/mail/ deliveries (in/out). The distribution function is critical to the operation of this London office and the role carries enormous reputation risk, intellectual value and significance and must be managed with the upmost care and accountability, in terms of critical timing, safety and risk mitigation.
What we need from you:
- Excellent oral, written communication skills, interpersonal skills and confidence.
- At least two years relevant experience within a Distribution, Post room Supervision role or equivalent.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Reliable, trustworthy and punctual
- Resilient and calm under pressure with the ability to multi-task and prioritise to help solve problems and overcome challenges
- Physically able to conduct all responsibilities associated with the role – lifting, moving boxes etc
- Ability to deal with confidential or highly sensitive data in line with policy and codes of conduct
- Excellent administrative and planning skills organised and take a comprehensive approach to managing tasks
- Ability to work to instruction and on your own initiative where required
- Computer literate and confident with the use of Microsoft Office programmes
- Demonstrate an awareness of security threats which remain relevant and up to date in the context of the current environment and in the context of the postal / mail threat, including that of data, intellectual property and reputational risk management
- Flexibility in regard to working practices, hours and responsibilities
- Operation of radio and telephone communications in an appropriate manner
- Understanding of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the responsibilities therein
- Previous experience in use of mail, baggage or person screening / scanning equipment or technologies to detect security threats in any given environment.
What we can offer you:
- £33,000 basic salary
- 50 hours per week Monday-Friday
- Access to GP services (for you & your family) and counselling services (individual) 24/7
- Medical Specialist Professional Guidance
- Free Health Information & Assessments
- Discounted healthcare plans, life insurance and personal accident insurance
- Payslips portal, accessible anytime, online plus a free service that allows staff to monitor pay and pension plan
- Membership discounts at over 2,500 gyms
- Discount card and special offers on hundreds of well-known brands, including Argos, John Lewis, Marks and Spencer, Nike, Pizza Hut, Sainsburys, Starbucks and Tesco, Health Cash Plan along with various insurance covers
- Contributory pension scheme (employee contribution 5% and company matches with 3%)
- Retention Bonus worth £100 per year, Job Well Done Awards worth £50 in vouchers (T&Cs apply)
- Recommend a friend scheme worth £100 and if they stay for 12 months you receive another £100 (T&Cs apply)
- Holiday entitlement
Due to the nature of the Company’s business your role will be site based. It is a condition of your employment that the Company reserves the right to vary your working hours, duties and location of duties to meet the need of the business at any time. If there is a change in your current place of work the Company will inform you with as much reasonable notice as is possible of any changes.
Dardan Security are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.