STM Group UK
Looking for a new challenge? An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious, driven, General Manager to join a dynamic, growing, Company.
As the General Manager, you will have overall responsibility for the leadership and proactive management of the Cleaning Division of STM Group (UK) Ltd. With a current complement of around 200 team members, and 7 direct reports, you will be committed to delivering a high-quality service to all new and existing clients, within the STM portfolio, whilst focusing on driving sales and maintaining maximum profit.
You will be responsible for:
• People Relationship Management, through building strong relationships at all levels: with customers, direct reports, frontline teams, and other STM Group colleagues
• Ensuring all Divisional HR issues are effectively managed (in consultation with Group HR)
• Delivery of a proactive service which meets all customer requirements
• Driving customer satisfaction, and related retention, levels
• Ensuring compliance with all Company policies and QMS processes
• Maintenance of a strategy of Continuous Service Improvement
• Adherence to a compliant Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) regime
• Full budget management, effective cost control, efficient management of resources and profit protection
• P&L and cashflow
• General accounting and financial audits
New Business Development
• Agreeing future sales targets
• Developing and executing the Divisional Business Plan
• Assistance with Bid Writing
• Leading marketing campaigns and business growth strategies
The type of individual required for this role is positive, engaging, and resilient. Most importantly, it is someone who will always be looking for new ways to improve and grow the business.
Previous experience working at a senior management level, with a proven track record of delivering results, together with the ability to demonstrate optimal operational performance, financial management, and business development skills, in a similar role, is essential.
You will have:
• The ability to understand and achieve agreed KPIs, Company objectives, and customer contractual obligations
• A comprehensive understanding of the Cleaning sector, with the ability to lead complex, specialist, services
• Strong commercial acumen
• Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to engage and motivate people at all levels, whilst developing teams to their full potential
• Excellent customer and stakeholder relationship management skills, with strong verbal and written communication skills
• The ability to be flexible and open minded, with an aptitude to think “outside the box”
• Excellent organisational, planning, and time management skills
If you think you are the right person for this job, and believe you have the ability to inspire a successful team, the following competitive benefits are in offer:
• Base Salary up to £50,000 (potentially more for exceptional candidates)
• Excellent bonus potential for new business generation
• Holiday Allowance of 25 days, plus bank holidays
• Car Allowance
• Access to the Company Healthcare and Pension scheme
• Excellent Training and Development opportunities
The General Manager will be based at the STM Head Office in Stratford, with travel to customer assignments and work hours to suit the needs of the business.