Based in the South West with international travel required. Competitive salary and bonus.
The Role the Global Head of Technical Security, Systems and Technology will be responsible for the leadership and development of a specialist Technical Security Team, with specialised functional expertise in the area of security systems and technology. This position will be specifically responsible for the development of strategic programs & processes associated with the global portfolio of security systems, technology, vendor management, and strategic program management.
The Person the ideal candidate will have strong capabilities in with international stakeholder management, understanding of IT and Security System operational disciplines, process and project workflows, resource and vendor management, with a strong leadership record of accomplishment. This person must have the ability to operate successfully in a global landscape, with a focus on standardisation and continual improvement of processes and long-term system support/upgrade cycles. Importantly, this role will also take ownership of the Global Data Privacy Regulations mandate for the Group security function. Acting as the data owner within the team, the role will provide through leadership, responsibility, accountability, and direction on the management of data within the team.
- Strategic and operational leadership of program and respective projects and processes; responsible for the ‘technical security’ program with the overall strategic aim of contributing to the company’s risk management (protection of IP, assets and estate) and duty of care
- Leadership of a dispersed global team within subject areas of responsibility; includes the effective deployment of limited in house resource and ability to scale for specific projects whenever required.
- Supporting purchasing strategy and managing vendor relations and third-party services for technical security equipment, standardizing whenever appropriate
- Subject matter expert in all facets of security systems and technology, to include:
Lenel, Quantum Secure, GSOC technology, access control systems, NVRs, surveillance, alarm monitoring, counter surveillance, drone technology, radio, etc.
- Provide thought leadership on global technology solutions to secure intellectual property, trade craft and trade secrets, people and real estate
GDPR specific responsibilities
- Functions as the Global Data Privacy Regulations (GDPR) champion for Group Security in respect to security equipment and data processing, management, storage and accessibility
- Ensures that GDPR activity reviews are a recurring topic at leadership team meetings
- This position requires positive partnership skills, effective communications, and positive human relations in business capabilities
- This position must be able to perform the full range of high-level strategic business planning objectives, to very tactical process, procedure and business analytics capabilities
Qualifications and experience:
- Will have an extensive experience of systems-based security experience, combined that within a senior management and leadership role
- Strong understanding of industry specific legislations and compliance requirements.
- Subject matter expert in all facets of security systems and technology, to include: Lenel, Quantum Secure, GSOC technology, access control systems, NVRs, surveillance, alarm monitoring, counter surveillance, drone technology, radio, etc.
- Have experience with intellectual asset protection / security related area
- Have work experience in global, multi-national organisation
SSR® Personnel voted the leading security recruiting consultancy is the largest consultancy dedicated to the security, fire, health and safety sectors operating in 20 countries. We have a global presence with our offices in North America & Middle East, with partners in Africa, Asia and Eastern Europe.