On 19th March 2012 a gunman on a motorbike opened fire outside a Jewish School in Toulouse, 4 people were killed.
The Metropolitan Police have today issued advice in respect of counter measures that should be taken in the UK as a result of this tradgedy.
There are similarities between this & 2 other earlier shootings in the region: on 11th March a French Soldier was shot dead in Toulouse by a man on a scooter; on 15th March in the town of Montauban 3 uniformed soldiers were shot, 2 fatally by a male on a motor scooter.
The same calibre of ammunition was found at the scene of all 3 attacks
These attacks have all occurred in the same geographical proximity with a similar MO & calibre of ammunition used.
The UK Threat Levels remains unchanged.
CST Security Reminders
The Metropolitan Police police have suggested that the following security counter measures are considered:
- Ensure that staff and visitors DO NOT congregate outside your building especially upon arrival and departure
- External security patrols (outer circles of security) should be implemented and/or increased especially at arrival and departure times
- Pay special attention to the security of those outside your location
- Search external, then internal areas before fully opening up your building and remember to keep all external doors secured when the building is in use
- Be alert to suspicious people and activities including parked cars and unattended bags
- Challenge and question all strangers and visitors to your building even when accompanied by someone you know. Vehicle access should also be restricted to known vehicles only
- Do not accept unexpected post, deliveries etc until they have been cleared by the intended recipient
- Items must be kept outside your location until cleared as suitable for acceptance
- If you cannot confirm that it is genuine, do not accept the delivery – send it back with the courier