Many UK security professionals will know, the late David Clark, former Chair of the Security Commonwealth (SyCom) and ASIS (UK Chapter), made exceptional contributions across the UK security profession before his untimely death in 2019. This award will serve as a legacy, building upon David’s efforts to encourage continuous improvement within the UK security sector.
Criteria for entry
Nominations are invited in relation to:
- Any individual or initiative on the recommendation of a SyCom membership organisation.
- Any programme or initiative of any SyCom membership organisation or cross-organisational programme or initiative.
Objective adjudication will be undertaken by a panel comprising SyCom membership organisations and other industry professionals, overseen by a SyCom Moderating Panel. Entries will be judged according to the following criteria based on SyCom’s High-level Aims and Objectives:
- Achieves effective ‘Collaboration, cooperation and communication’
- Shares good practices and promotes continuous improvement
- Supports industry development and engagement
- Brings the UK security profession together – ‘Stronger Together’
- Demonstrates SyCom’s commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
- Provides evidence of ‘exceptional contribution to the UK Security Sector’
Entries are open between 6 August – 12 September 2021
Written entries should be of no more of no more than 650 words and must address the bullet points listed above.
Entries should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2021 David Clark Award will be announced at presentation made at CONSEC 2021, the annual conference of the Association of Security Consultants (ASC) on 21 October 2021 at Twickenham Stadium.